My MIchigan Hero | Teen Ink

My MIchigan Hero

By BASKETBALLROCKS BRONZE, Bangor, Michigan
BASKETBALLROCKS BRONZE, Bangor, Michigan

"I HAVE A DREAM"

When most people think of a hero, they think of Batman saving a town in the blink of an eye, or a basketball star who makes twenty three-pointers in the fourth quarter and saves the game. Or even someone who makes a fifty-nine yard field goal in overtime. Not me! When I think of a hero, I think of an inspirational leader . Someone who encourages you and never leaves you, even through your roughest times. My Michigan Hero is my step mom, Missy

Missy has been there for me since I was eight months old. She has been there for me for so long I consider her my mom. She has supported me when I needed her the most.

On of the things I will always remember Missy for is how she stood by my side through both of my surgeries. She was there before I fell asleep and when I woke up. She has a look of concern in her eyes that let me know that she would always be there for me.

She has opened my eyes to a world most kids my age will not ever get a chance to see. She has taken me to New York City, Washington, D.C, and Dutch Wonderland. We have lived in Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, New Jersey, Ohio, and Nebraska.

Missy has shown me I can do anything as long as I set my mind to it. She has inspired me to believe in myself and show others who I truly am. She has supported me in everything I do from sports to my crazy teenage ambitions.

Missy hasn’t saved me from falling off the Eiffel Tower or scored twenty three-pointers for the
Celtics . She hasn’t even kicked a fifty-nine yard field goal in overtime .She has,however,taught me the basics necessities of life .Without her,I wouldn’t be the bright young lady I am proud to be today.

This essay has shown me I should not disrespect her in anyway because without her I could be on the side of the road dying.