The Heroes of September Eleventh | Teen Ink

The Heroes of September Eleventh

By Aujthecheergirl BRONZE, Old Greenwich, Connecticut
Aujthecheergirl BRONZE, Old Greenwich, Connecticut

Rock it don't bomb it!

On this horrible day ten years ago I was only four years old and I didn’t really comprehend what was going on. The one thing I could tell you right away that I remember about that day is that my mom couldn’t stop crying and I didn’t understand why. Now after learning about the tragic events that took place on this day ten years ago I understand. To all those brave first responders who stood tall in the face of terror at ground zero ten years ago, you are my heroes. With today being the tenth anniversary of the day the world stood still let us all stand tall and honor those incredibly brave men and women who gave their lives as they tried to save thousands of others. The first responders who we lost will always be my heroes. Even though it’s been ten years since the day the world stood still and watched you, my heroes are never forgotten, you will always be remembered. Let us all stand tall once again to honor those brave men and women. My heroes don’t wear capes and fly, they stand tall in the face of a horrific event and still save lives even if it means risking and giving their own lives, all to save a civilian. It has been ten years since this day in history, you may be gone but we won’t ever forget you. My heroes will always be the first responders, firefighters and police officers. You may be gone but you will never be forgotten. It has been ten years and let those brave men and women rest in peace.

After learning about the horrific events that took place on September eleventh I felt like I wanted to write some sort of a tribute to the firefighters and Police Officers that we lost on that day.