Phenomenal Woman | Teen Ink

Phenomenal Woman

By ButterflySoulGirl SILVER, Lyon, Mississippi
ButterflySoulGirl SILVER, Lyon, Mississippi

No one can feel you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Dear Phenomenal Woman,

One day he’ll be sorry he didn’t cherish you. He’s going to wish your kisses were the ones he woke up to everyday. Trust me, ten years from now, he’ll still remember the smell of your sweet perfume. That woman’s he’s with now isn’t you, but he wishes it was. But it will be too late because then you’ll find someone who gives you what he couldn’t. Someone who will cherish you for who you are. But never forget your past lovers. Every relationship you went through had a lesson that came with it. No matter how simple the lesson was, you learned something new about men. Phenomenal Woman, you are beautiful. Don’t let anyone tell you different. You are special. No one can do the things you do. You are an original, and there is no copy. You are sweet and smart. Phenomenal woman, you are delicate as a feather but strong as the grief that hung in the air on the fateful day of 9-11. If you do not know what phenomenal means, I will tell you. Phenomenal is used to describe something or someone absolutely fantastic and one of a kind greatness. You are exactly that, Phenomenal Woman. There is no other like you. When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Thank you for being an inspiration. I hope to follow your footsteps and be just as phenomenal as you.

Sincerely,

Inspired Teen Girl