Golden Girl | Teen Ink

Golden Girl

July 9, 2011
By PalomaJ BRONZE, Portland, Maine
PalomaJ BRONZE, Portland, Maine
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"People haven't always been there for me, but music always has" -Taylor Swift


Taylor Swift. Two words, one meaning. Her concerts bring tears to my eyes and her songs bring tears to my heart. I love with every ounce of my soul, every one of her songs. For hours on end, I scream and dance to my speakers, which are blasting only Taylor Swift’s music.
What is it about her? That has gotten me so wrapped up in her world, which is so similar to mine? If you know me well (which little people do), I have a wide spectrum of admiration for a variety of people. But in my whole life, I’ve never had a hero.
I never had an idol, to where if I look up. I know there will be light.
I never had another human being that I wanted to know so badly. But still remain in my eyes, a complete stranger, just so I can dream a little while longer.
I know, I know. You’re probably thinking: “She’s just a performing artist that sings country pop, what’s the big deal?”
And you’re right. I was just like you. I was enjoying music but never passionately falling in love with it. Again, “what’s the big deal?”
Her simple lyrics and catchy tunes have brought out the truth that lies in me. I can feel sparks igniting when she comes on the radio, and I can feel my whole existence become a bit more significant. Taylor sings for the big picture, composed of the shards of life. She makes you brave, wants to make you fall in love, say you’re sorry, and practice the art of revenge.
Taylor has guided me through the darkest periods of my life, and still is. Because there will be so many moments where I may not be able to speak now or be fearless. So Taylor, thank you, thank you golden girl, for writing.

The author's comments:
Fall into Taylor's world. Because she will catch you with her songs.