My heros and what it takes to make their day! | Teen Ink

My heros and what it takes to make their day!

By PapasGirl GOLD, Wahiawa, Hawaii
PapasGirl GOLD, Wahiawa, Hawaii

You never lose by loving, but you always lose by holding back.

I have four wonderful heroes in my life that I know, then there's the heroes of mine that fight next to them and support the ones fighting next my heroes.
My dad is in the Navy and works on submarines, he goes out for months at a time, misses holidays and birthdays, school events and even important doctor appointments. But he's still my hero, he fights for our freedom and he teaches me to be strong and to stand up for myself.
My uncle is my second hero, he is in the Army. He goes and fights on land and put his self in danger to protect our country. He enjoys his work and is proud of it.
My third and fourth heroes are my mom and my aunt they are strong and they support my dad and my uncle. My mom deals with my dad being gone for months at a time and my aunt deals with my uncle being gone for months and a year at a time. My aunt also fights next to my uncle some times.
All it ever really takes is telling these people thank you every once in a while. They risk their life's for the one that are to scared to fight next to them and the people to weak to fight next to them. I hope that one day I will be fighting next to my heroes and I am so thankful for everything they have done for me and my country. I know it's not easy to leave your family and have your kids grow up and you come back to a completely different child, I have seen my dad do it and I have seen many other men and women do it. It may seem like they are taking the easy way out in life but in reality they aren't. They are going the hard way, they have to leave their families behind and they have to go fight not knowing if they are coming home or not. Some may think these is cruel but it's not, its the truth. I have be blessed to have these people in my life because without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. They have been through hell and I know it, I am some day going to go through the same thing they did and I will have they faith and strength with me when I go through it. Giving yourself to one job for 20 years is a choice and its not always an easy choice but in the end its amazing to be able to have that opportunity.
THANK YOU veteran and men and women who are in the Military and who are working in hospital's.

This piece speaks for it's self it's a shame that many of the men and women are not thanked for doing something many other Americans won't or can't do. If you are to scared to join the military them you should be thanking every military person you see because they are willing to do what you aren't. And I am thankful for them.