Sisters=Bestfriends | Teen Ink

Sisters=Bestfriends

April 5, 2011
By christina luziani BRONZE, Auburn, New York
christina luziani BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a gloomy morning in late August. My blackberry alarm went off, playing its annoying melody to try and wake me up. It was time to bring my sister to college. I’ve always said, “I can’t wait for my sister to leave!” But in all reality and truthfulness, I know I’m going to miss her presence of being home. During the summer before she left, we would always argue about stupid things. She would constantly yell at me if I used a pinch of her makeup. Oh! Her reaction to when I would secretly take her lip gloss that sits in the cup holder in her car is hilarious. She absolutely freaks out! Sometimes she lets me use it, but that’s on rare occasions. She never let me use her lap top either, so we would end up fighting over that too. We fought over stupid things, and I swore to myself that I wouldn’t miss her one bit when she goes to college. We packed all of her suitcases into two of our cars, and we were off to Ithaca College. I was looking outside the passenger seat of my sister’s car and just thought about everything. So many thoughts were going through my head. I got teary eyed when I realized I was going to be the only child for a while. I was also thinking about how I won’t have my favorite shoulder to cry on, or somebody to run to if I need advice. She was always that person. I know I can just send her a quick BBM and ask for advice, but it just won’t be the same. As we pulled into the parking lot of her dorm, my heart was beating out of my chest. We brought all of her bags to her dorm room and went to get lunch. It was delicious. When it was time to go home, I broke down and started crying! I kept saying to myself, “It’s okay, it’s okay!” I felt as if I should have never said, “I cannot wait for my sister to leave, I’m going to be the only child and I’m going to love it. All attention is on me, finally!” I got into the car and we left. Several months have passed, and me and my sister are closer than ever. I realized that I should really think before I speak and learn to cherish every moment in my life. I love my sister and would never trade her for anything in the world. She has always been an amazing role model for me and is the true definition of the best sister. Sisters are best friends that are there forever.