Mac Miller: A normal kid with a dream

Once just an ordinary high school student, Malcom McCormik (better known for his stage name Mac Miller) has now turned into a multi-media rap star. He’s one of the most popular artists that’s not actually on the radio. He’s now had 3 major mixtapes that have given him major internet buzz. He’s now signed by Rostrum records and very successful.

In 2009 Mac released 2 mixtapes known as “The Jukebox” and “The High Life”. These 2 mixtapes alone started Macs rode to stardom. There was so much buzz over the internet about Mac Miller the record labels started to check him out. By early 2010 Rostrum records had signed the 19 year old from Pittsburgh, PA to a record deal. Rostrum records also has Wiz Khalifa and Rich Hil under contract.

Mac getting signed was one thing, but coming up with brand new songs was the other thing. Mac released his highly anticipated 1st professianl mixtapes K.I.D.S which released mid 2010. This mixtape was so highly anticipated that it was one of the top mixtape downloads for 2010. “Knock Knock” and “Nikes on my feet” were the first 2 songs leaked off the mixtape. There music videos got over 30 million views combined on Macs youtube channel “Treejtv”.

Mac recently released his newest mixtape “Best Day Ever”. It was supposed to drop March 11th, 2011 but actually came out on March 12th instead. The facebook page for this mixtape has had over 1 million likes. The first leaked song off the mixtape “Donald Trump’s”music video was released March 11th, 2011. This music video gained 1 million views in 1 week.

Mac Miller is one of the youngest and most popular artists in the u.s today. All of his mixtapes have been very successful and the hits keep on coming. If it wasn’t for Rostrum Records, we might not have been able to see Mac’s work. Even though he’s only 19, the 19 year old from Pittsburgh has become one of the most successful artists of 2011.

oeirhgisd said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:55 am
dtujftyiutyi

lopez_ said...
Mac miller is a beast! Cruise Control featuring Wiz Khalifa is his best song ever! thumbs up!!

alexisabandoned This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i absolutely love mac miller, and this is a great article. however, there are quite a few repeated words that you might want to watch out for. very good though!