There Are Some Things You Don’t Reminisce About… | Teen Ink

There Are Some Things You Don’t Reminisce About…

Smoking, sex, skipping, drugs. Blue* has done all of these. Blue was a very naughty girl in 8th grade. She hung out with the wrong people who influenced her in doing bad things. Today, Blue is a very outgoing person. She likes what all teenagers like, hanging out with friends, listening to music, and maybe school. She has true friends and friends that are just there. Everybody in her family loves her for her vigorousness. What people don’t know about her is her past. Blue walked down the wrong path before. She did many things people would regret. One day, she finally opened up to me.

“I was pregnant and had a miscarriage.” The words that came out her mouth surprised me. She gazed at the waving-green grass thoughtlessly and allowed the wind to mess up her hair. We sat at the wooden bench in silence as the wind whistles.

“What happened?” I asked.

“It was a bad decision.”

“Did you want the kid?”

“It’s a life, I wouldn’t give it away.”

I’ve heard many stories about teenage girls going through adoption because they can’t handle it. Not only did Blue accept the fact that she had a baby, she also appreciate and loved it. The fact that she had a miscarriage and was able to live on gave me hope. Many people would go into depression and suicide but she didn’t. What amaze me most is how cheerful and lively she is now. Every time I see her I can’t help but smile because she’s special.

Every time we see little kids Blue would take a liking to them. While we were walking home one day, we passed by a park and there were many kids playing. She walked up to a tiny little girl with black pig tails, wearing a pink dress, and pink slippers.

“Aw, look at this little girl, she’s so adorable!” She said with a delighted face. Her face lit up and her eyes were sparkling. A ray of sun beamed down out of a crack in the grey clouds onto her brown, silky, shoulder-length hair, looking angelic. The look on her face was the look of a proud mother. Her smile was priceless and it made me happy that she put the sad past behind her. She looks forward to the future and think of the happy things around her. Blue made me look at everything differently. I now try to see things as a gift and cherish them.

*Blue is the color I would describe this person therefore I chose this as her name because she prefers to be anonymous.