My Cousin Aarron | Teen Ink

My Cousin Aarron

By Da-Kurlzz BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Da-Kurlzz BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

My cousin is my hero since he’s out fighting in the military. When Aarron came back he taught me to play football the way he did in high school. Aarron has been doing that for three almost four years now. He went there despite all of the terrorists and bullets flying around everywhere. We never got to see him except when he came home and when and we were in Kansas.

He new I would miss him though but he said he’d he have to go. He left my family and I to go when I was nine or ten. I didn't even get to say goodbye to him. He told me he would be back. But I knew he would be protected by the slider's fighting along side him. Aarron goes out there in Afghanistan or Iraq everyday and he doesn't get a break. So that way people can get the freedom that they deserve. He is one of the lucky ones that get to come home every six months to a year.

He has given his life to protect America. Then when we see each other I'd ask him how he can go to war and kill someone. He says he does it so that the U.S. and our family can have the freedom we have always have. “Towards a new future” he always says so we can have a bright new future. Whenever he leaves I always wish him luck.

Sometimes when he would come back Aarron would be angry and depressed. Then we would know that one of his friends died. In battle so he would get very angry really easily. Then we would try to make him feel better. Then he would get a little better each and every day. But sometimes we would find him crying so we left him alone until he started to feel better.

So my cousin Aarron is my hero. Aarron goes into war each year to protect us Americans. He goes up against a lot of terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan each day. No one can take that away from him. People have been looking for him. Though they have been angry he always calms them down. But they would be upset about how he made it out and their kids didn't. So that is why he is my hero.

linus said...
It would be hard to have family in the war.  I am glad your cousin is okay.