A Letter to the Brave

To Our Heroes:

I feel as though we take you for granted, like our peace and serenity comes free. And every day you sacrifice and we get angry over too much traffic or reruns on TV. And sometimes I can go whole days dreaming of foreign lands, but then I remember the people like you who struggle to make this land better. Every night when I say my prayers, I say one just for you. For all of you who have families and friends just wanting to hear from you. Every day I can hug my mom and I can talk to my best friends, but you don’t get that benefit, that privilege, that luxury. So thank you for your time, your sacrifices, and your lives. Thank you for fighting for the life I get to lead. Thank you for making it possible for me not to live in fear. Thank you for the help you give and the peace you cause and the freedom you bring. In my life, I am one, but I promise you this one thing: I promise to be better than I ever hoped to be. I promise to live a life that will make you proud. I promise to be someone worth your while. I promise to take care of Her so you don’t labor in vain. I promise to support you always and care for your families. Thanks again for making America something beautiful and bright. Thanks for making her another guiding light. And may the God above keep you safe and sound, and return you once again to the land that is proud.