Mother | Teen Ink

Mother

September 7, 2010
By Hannah Church SILVER, Saint Louis, Missouri
Hannah Church SILVER, Saint Louis, Missouri
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Since my first breath I have been molded by you. I was a piece of clay for you to shape and form. But as I’ve grown I become more independent, and you’ve given me the freedom and space that I require. You taught me what was right and wrong, which paths to take and which to exclude, how to love and forgive even in the toughest times. You kissed my tears away when the monsters were under my bed and the boogie man in my closet. You tickled me and made me smile when I fell down, not ever knowing if I could get back up. You picked me up and helped me through the toughest time in my life, getting my heart broken and I’m grateful for that. But still I take you for granted. I kick and scream and fight even when you know what’s right and I am still a naive child. I yell and rant when I know I can’t get my way. Sometimes I don’t show you the respect you deserve, and show you how thankful I am that you are my mother and you brought me up to be who I am today. Because today if you were not in my life, guiding me in the right direction, showing me the way, I would be nothing. Thank you for supporting me, for loving me, and most of all thank you for being my mother. Because with out you I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Just know I love you with all of my being and without you there would be a gaping hole in my heart that no one could ever fill.