Problems on the Rocks | Teen Ink

Problems on the Rocks

By spike43788 BRONZE, Creeping Much?, Kansas
spike43788 BRONZE, Creeping Much?, Kansas

just saying

Why is it that no matter how hard you try and how bad you want something the challenges never get easier? Is there someone out there that sits around coming up with the most difficult shit ever to keep you down?

Is it that they want to get the challenges out of the way now so that life is a breeze later? No, that can’t be because shit only gets harder. Is it the world that puts forth the challenges or just our inner demons? Could it be a mix of the two? No matter how hard you try, no matter how fast you run, no matter how long you’re on the road your problems always catch you at the worst possible times.
Sure some support is there for you. However, if it’s there often enough your lives tend to merge and your problems are joined. Family problems are all passed down to the first of each generation. They then trickle down to the younger ones like a leak in the basement of a house. Then the parents get on to the children for acting up without stopping to think that maybe they need some kind of constructive release so that they don’t turn to substance abuse.
Children learn from their surroundings no matter if you realize it or not. They do not need to see the problems of the family. Once they have their own family, they will have their own problems. Break the pattern and keep your problems to yourself.
The true strength of a boulder is determined by the load it can bear before reaching the breaking point. The breaking point is normally ten to a hundred times the point at which you experience discomfort. As soon as the average person experiences discomfort, they release pressure until they can hold the load easily again. Every once in a while, however, you will find someone whose daily struggles are hundreds of times worse than yours are in a month, yet you never catch wind of it.
These are the people I try to be like. I try to bear as much of others loads as possible and still all of my own without showing any pain. They are true American heroes, every bit as much as the soldiers on the front lines. They are the best at breaking the cycle and helping others. How many of them do you know in your life?

Do you ever thank them?

on Sep. 7 2010 at 10:09 pm

just saying

thank you very much

on Sep. 1 2010 at 7:13 pm
wordnerd54 SILVER, Sparta, New Jersey

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

Short and sweet and to the point- I liked it.  It was easy to follow and had a nice message.  Nice job.