Equality For All | Teen Ink

Equality For All

June 23, 2010
By Emily_Keen SILVER, St. Rose, Louisiana
Emily_Keen SILVER, St. Rose, Louisiana
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't Take Life Too Seriously, No One Gets Out Alive."


Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. dedicated his time on this Earth to making the world equal for all. Through his dreams, he inspired me many people to support him in his boycott of the buses. He uses his powerful words to improve the world.


If it wasn’t for his dedication to this matter, my life would be greatly impacted. I wouldn’t have the opportunity to talk to people outside of my race just because I am of the Spanish heritage. I would have to go to a different school then my friends and receive a lower education as well. I would have to live my life being neglected and frowned upon by Whites. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be myself. My parents marriage would not have been allowed since one is Spanish and one is White. I can't even begin to imagine my life without all of my friends. Nearly every aspect of my life has been improved because of his hard work.


I truly appreciate his choice of actions. His motivation. His dedication. And most importantly, I appreciate his passion for what he has done. Even though Dr. King was killed by someone who didn't believe in his way, his inspirational words lived on to mark the beginning of our equal rights. We should all be proud of him because if it wasn't for him, your life would be different too.