My Super Hero | Teen Ink

My Super Hero

By Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Jesusandwordsfanatic PLATINUM, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Romans 14:8-For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

My Super Hero:

I don’t know about you, but at one point I believe that everyone had someone as their hero. Most girls choose their dads; guys choose comic book characters; and the list could go on. I have come to find many heroes in my life because of how each one has influenced me through different aspects in my life. There is One though who triumphs over them all.

Dad, I love you, but Someone has got you beat.

My Super Hero never leaves me. He may not be seen by some, but others who have Him as their Super Hero will see Him, hopefully….how?...through my actions.
He loves me no matter what mistake I make. No matter how bad. When you feel like you’ve hit rock bottom and you’re filled with despair, my Super Hero could get you out….you just have to accept Him. If you don’t choose one of His beliefs or standards, you don’t get Him at all.
My Super Hero has helped me through my worst times in life so far and I trust that He will in the future as well. Don’t just take my word for it; that’s only the first step. The second step is to experience it yourself. YOU&HIM.

In the Bible there is a story that just makes me smile at the fact that God does have a sense of humor; but it shows his super powers as well.

Elijah felt like he was the only one left in the land who believed in God. He fled the land in fear that the king would kill him as he assumed the king had with the other believers. Up on a mountain cliff he hid with just a creek of water despite the drought (all thanks to God) and the birds brought him food every day. One day, the creek dried up and the birds brought him food no longer. Elijah knew that it was time. He came down from the cliff, walked straight into the king’s court unannounced and proclaimed that he was the reason why it hadn’t rained, but that he could make it rain again…but only with God working through him. He told the king to bring all of his priests and believers and princes to Mt. Caramel and they would have a religious battle. The king, princes and priests set up an altar as well as Elijah. Elijah said to prepare it as usual but to not put any fire on it. The test was to see whose God was greater. Whoever’s God brought fire from the sky and burned the sacrifice would be the chosen God. Elijah let the false prophets go first. They danced and chanted and rent their clothes and cut themselves, but nothing happened. Elijah proclaimed that they should sing and chant louder because he might be asleep. And so they did, but nothing still happened. Elijah even went as far to say maybe he’s using the restroom! The false prophets did not take it as slander because they were as serious as could be about this. Still nothing happened after hours!!!! Elijah finally said ok it’s my turn. He began digging a trench around his altar and had the men bring 4 barrels of water 3 times and drench it so they knew that he and God were legit. Elijah kneeled and prayed. Fire burst down from heaven and scorched the entire altar. The sacrifice, water, rocks and sticks and stones, everything was gone.

GOD IS THE ULTIMATE SUPER HERO…..let Him be your Super Hero before it’s too late.

One of our youth pastors preached on this topic and I just loved it. It hit home and I knew that God was and is my Super Hero. ....Please let Him be yours too. The end time is almost upon us and I am trying to get as many people as I can saved so you don't have to experience the eternal flames. If you would like to know more about anything don't hesitate to ask or send me a message. =)