Mr. Armstrong "My teacher hero" | Teen Ink

Mr. Armstrong "My teacher hero"

By Yamez BRONZE, Mckinney, Texas
Yamez BRONZE, Mckinney, Texas

"I have not yet begun to fight"

To make him mad takes a professional. He can turn anything into math, even jokes. The only thing you shouldn’t do in his room is talk. If you get to talking the whole class starts, and then it just breaks out into a huge conversation. The only problem with Mr. Armstrong is, he’s a coach. He doesn’t blow the whistle hard, but when he blows it in class we know the drill; hush up and listen. He’s one of those teachers who can say shut up and no one will care. Half of our class has nick names because of him, and funny ones too. He is like a super hero, except his weakness isn’t kryptonite. The only thing that makes him go home with a migraine is, Krissy. A super hyper, crazy girl who we think has A.D.H.D. She will say just the dumbest stuff to get on his nerves. He always counters with a mathematical answer that makes her brain run dry. That’s what I like about Mr. Armstrong; he can be anywhere and know that math was used to bring it to us. Mr. Armstrong is what I call a community hero. I don’t care what people think of him, he is my favorite, and my hero.

I wrote this peice for print journalism.