Hilary Duff | Teen Ink

Hilary Duff

April 7, 2010
By Anonymous

A messenger to humanity is a person who tries to identify their message, and get it out there for the public to learn. These people don’t like suffering, and they care more about other people than themselves. They try and help people, and risk their own lives to save someone else’s. They show little children, and others the right way to live by, for example, not doing drugs, smoking, having illegal sex, alcohol, fighting, etc.. Messengers to humanity influence others to get involved to help the less fortunate. They contribute and improve our society, nature, and our world. They show selflessness, charisma, and are honored by others. My messenger, Hilary Duff, does all of these. The message of my messenger is to help out with the people who are less fortunate than others, as well as with animals who are struggling to live in the wild. This is proven how many organizations Duff is in, and how much money she has given away instead of being greedy and keeping it to herself. Hilary Duff gives her money away to help with AIDS, animals, at risk and disadvantaged youths, cancer, children, creative arts, depression and suicide, disaster and relief, the environment, health, homelessness, human rights, mental challenges, people with physical challenges and poverty. From all the organizations she helps, her message to everyone is ‘just get involved!’ Hilary doesn’t even care whether she goes poor. As long as someone is happy in the world because of her, she loves to see people smile. Whether or not she has all the money in the world, Hilary Duff is willing to give it all up to the less fortunate through her selflessness, charisma, and honor.


The definition of selflessness; Hilary Duff. She says “I think it’s really important to give back to your community and it makes you feel so good to get involved with a charity. I look up to people who are involved in organizations that help people and animals (Source2).” Duff doesn’t keep her money to herself or waste it pointless things, she’d rather spend it on donating 200,000 meals through charity USA Harvest to two Texas shelters. Or even present some money to Kids with a Cause, every Friday, once a week, by generally donating a new item to youths and teens. Duff helps as much as she can; if she isn’t out doing one of her concerts, or filming a new movie coming out, she’s visiting sick children in hospitals, or escorts disadvantaged youths to theme parks, and may even ride the rides with them. And she helps with fundraisers as much as she can. All Hilary Duff wants is enough money to keep her house, and maybe some extra money for some clothes. But why should she keep money that’s going to get dusted up in her bank account when she can just help people who need it here and now.


Everybody in the world has charisma, but not everybody knows how to show it. But Hilary Duff has a lot of charisma and always puts a “wow!” on everybody’s face. She donates her free time through a variety of events with charity, and visits children in the hospitals to brighten their day. She even calls youths from Kids With a Cause and greets them by phone. But, not only is it people who Duff is trying to help. Duff also wants to help with animals. There are wild horses suffering, and Duff just realized she can give some of her money away to help them. That decision demonstrates integrity.

Integrity and honor all have to do with Hilary Duff. She helps as many people as possible. She helps children in the world who suffer from poverty, hunger, sickness, lack of education, abandonment, and neglect or abuse. She knows life is short, and she wants people to live their life to the fullest, and to be happy while doing it. “… I’m so honored, It’s so important to raise awareness to other kids and that’s the best part of the position I’m in.(Duff).” Duff is also honored for being associated with the Department of Public Information of the United Nation. She always offers support, encouragement and inspiration.



With all of Duff’s money, she chooses to help the less fortunate instead of being greedy and keeping the money to herself. She has accomplished more than you’d expect for being a young and attractive nineteen year old girl. Selflessness, charisma and honor come along with that, too. I know Hilary Duff has had a strong and positive impact on the world because people look up to her, and want to follow in her footsteps, and because of that people get involved in what she is already involved in. People like me want to be just like her.

The author's comments:
Wrote this for english my freshman year.