Best Friends | Teen Ink

Best Friends

By NeverShoutLisa SILVER, Mountain Home, Arkansas
NeverShoutLisa SILVER, Mountain Home, Arkansas

In Life, there are tears, smiles & memories. The tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever.

If I were to ask, “Who is your biggest influence”, who comes to mind? Is it your parents, or could it be your grandparents? To me, that is very cliché, everyone could give that very generic answer just to get out of actually thinking to explain themselves. My biggest influence is most defiantly my best friend, Aaron. The short ten months I’ve known him have really flown by, but he has secured his permanent place in my heart. Aaron has always been there to make me laugh, he’s always given me advice when needed, and he’s always been there when I need someone to lean on.
Aaron Hafer, a name that comes synonymous with laughter. Every time he and I are together, we are constantly laughing. It doesn’t matter how I’m feeling, I could be sad, angry, or frustrated, he always has the ability to make me laugh. In one instance, Aaron and I were hanging out before band practice, and I felt really bummed out, so he pulled out his guitar and began singing a random song he pulled off the top of his head. The song was so funny and ridiculous, I instantly began to laugh. Ever since that moment, He and I would just sit around, him on guitar and I on vocals, making up some of the most entertaining, yet ridiculous songs, ever.
I met Aaron back in February at church. I wouldn’t have noticed him if it weren’t for he and his brother, Matthew, showing up fifteen minutes late. He had this aura that drew me to him. I knew he was different. Aaron and I quickly began to talk, and soon became friends. He has always told me to “Never conform to the world, follow God” and “Always be yourself, no matter what the consequences”. Whenever I needed advice on something, whether it be school, God, or even music recommendations, Aaron is, and always will be, my first choice.
If you were to ever look up the words “Best Friend”, Aaron’s photo would pop up as the definition. Ever since he and I met, he has always been there when ever I needed someone to lean on. I hate being stuck at home, so whenever I need somewhere to go, and someone to be with, Aaron is there. He’s homeschooled, so he is always up for getting out of his house and being with people his own age. Over the summer, he and I got immensely closer. We were always together, jamming, at the lake, watching movies, or just hanging around talking. I can tell Aaron about everything, and that’s what makes him an amazing person to be with.
My best friend, Aaron, is one of the most miraculous guys I’ve ever met. He’s really chill and never lets what anyone thinks of him get into his head. Aaron has influenced me in every way. He’s always there to make me laugh, he’s amazing at giving advice, and he’s always there when I need someone to lean on.