My Mom | Teen Ink

My Mom

February 16, 2010
By PnutButterSwagg BRONZE, Boody, Illinois
PnutButterSwagg BRONZE, Boody, Illinois
1 article 4 photos 1 comment

The person who would have the most influence on me would be my mother. She claims I am a lot like she was when she was around my age. Sometimes she says I’m a spitting image of her. This could mean either good or bad. We are so much alike, but yet so different. We connect on different levels than most mothers and daughters do. Most of the time we get along, but we can butt heads now and then too. I have always tried to give her my respect and show her I try, but sometimes she doesn’t see how hard I try. I try to keep her trust, because losing it is the worst feeling in the world. I don’t like when she is disappointed in me. I try to keep good grades to keep her happy and her stress level low. I try to stay on her good side so I don’t have to deal with her bad side. I help around the house by doing the following: dishes, cleaning, laundry, and feeding the pets. I need to do that more often just to help out more. My mom gives me the best advice when I need it, even if it is about boys, friends, school, or just anything. I know I can always count on her to be there for me. She has made me an all out better person through my fifteen years of living and it will carry on through my future.
She’s a big reason why I am very independent; she has always taught me to not always rely on someone and to just sometimes do things myself. She has always told me life is not fair, when I was young I never liked hearing that phrase, but growing up I’ve started to understand it more and more every day. She has an idea of what I have gone through, and also what I will go through in the future. I know I can always rely on her if I need someone to turn to. She will always be there for me no matter what. I know if I need help or have any questions, she will always be here to help. I don’t know what I will do when she passes away, but she will always be in my heart and looking down on me guiding me through my struggles.