My grandmother inspires me.., | Teen Ink

My grandmother inspires me..,

A hero is someone who inspires others, who gives you the courage to strive for your goals, someone who never gives up on you, who always gives you the courage to keep trying. Someone who always puts others first and is there for you through the best of times, and the worst of times. A hero is also a role model, someone who inspires you and teaches you how to do the right thing, who never loses hope with you. Someone who no matter what obstacles they face, they still remain strong and confident. My hero is my Grandmother.

One day when I was in the first grade, we learned that my grandmother had cancer. I was so young, I didn't fully understand. I knew it was bad but I also knew how strong my grandmother was. She is such a fighter. I would never loose hope in her. I remember the day I saw her when she had no hair, of course I didn't really understand why or how this happened, but i could tell it made her sad. I began to cry and she began to cry. My grandmother had a lot of sick days during this time period. She always kept hope, and would never let anyone know how bad it was. After all her chemo treatments my grandmother kept fighting for her life and to no surprise, she overcame the cancer, and has now remained cancer free for about 9 years. :)

My grandmother has inspired me to be the best person I can, to not only strive for my goals but to accomplish them. She makes me proud of who I am and where I came from. She has never let me down and I will never let her down. She loves me for so many reasons, and I love her more then anything in this world. She gives me the courage to be the person I am today.

My Grandmother is perfect. She always has a smile on her face, and can brighten your day with her smile. She never lets anyone down. I truly have never seen my Grandmother be mean or say one rude thing to anyone. She would do anything you asked her to do no matter what it was or who you are. She gives people chances and picks out the good in everyone. I love her more then words can describe. She will always be in my heart