My English Teacher | Teen Ink

My English Teacher

December 4, 2009
By xobrittyy PLATINUM, New City, New York
xobrittyy PLATINUM, New City, New York
23 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”


I absolutely adore English. It is my favorite subject and I think it is very interesting to learn about. My English teacher this year is Mrs. Rothstein. She is probably my favorite teacher in the whole school. She has made me want to become an English teacher more and more each day. The way she teaches us students and how much we actually learn from her. She is very fair but does not tolerate childishness. When I see how she acts with her students and much fun English can be, I want to learn and study English so much more. She has not only helped me in English but in all of my schooling in a way. Because I do so well in her class, it makes me want to better in my other classes and with all of school.

Before this year, I never really thought about what I wanted to do with my life and this year I feel like I know what I want to do. School was never really any fun for me. I hate getting out of bed early to come to school and learn at 7 o’clock in the morning. Now I see how much fun it is to teach students and how much fun English is so why not do both. Mrs. Rothstein is making my 10th grade English a wonderful experience and making me love English more and more. I feel like now I can pursue being a teacher and have fun with it all thanks to Mrs. Rothstein.

The author's comments:
she is my english teacher this year and my favorite teacher of all time.