Straight Talk | Teen Ink

Straight Talk

Without the people who have influenced me in life, I wouldn’t be who I am today. My mom, brother, peers, teachers, and random people have had in impact on my life.
My mom has had the greatest influence on me. She’s helped me learn to study, treat others as I would like them to treat me, the difference between right and wrong and scrutinized many things in my life that if she hadn’t, I’d be in trouble.
My brother has been my best friend for years. He taught me to play baseball, basketball, football, soccer, how to shoot a bb gun, and that’s just the beginning of the list. From my brother I’ve learned to be amicable and mind my own business. Also, some of his vexatious friends and habits have steered me in the right direction by seeing how they can be ineffectual in my life.
I don’t know what I would do without my friends. Usually every day after school I’m with them and every minute possible on the weekends. With having the same close group of friends for a long time, I’ve become more outgoing than I was when I first moved here. Most of my friends are very astute and know how to make the right decisions. Although I have these friends, I’ve lost other friends because I didn’t go along with their nefarious thoughts and ideas.
I would like to keep my close friends and family with me as I continue into the future. I am loath to move from my area, but I would like to live somewhere warmer for a few years after college and then move back and start a family here.