Bill Gates | Teen Ink

Bill Gates

Bill Gates should be considered an inspirational hero because he has been the richest man in the world for twelve consecutive years. A person who had a net worth of over one hundred billion dollars and was making one million dollars per hour can inspire people. Today, Bill Gates has resigned from his powerful spot as CEO at Microsoft and now has a net worth of over fifty billion dollars.

William H. Gates III, born in Seattle, WA on October 28th, 1955 and he was also raised in Seattle. In 1973, he graduated from Lakeside High school and shortly after was accepted into Harvard in the fall of 1973.

He had some struggles in 1972 when he was arrested for a traffic violation in New Mexico when he was 17 years old. On another note, he has had a very accomplishing career, making one of the first operating systems for computers named Windows. Since 1975, he has made around three hundred dollars per second (Templeton).

A person who can drop a thousand dollar bill on the ground, take four seconds to pick it up and have already made twelve hundred dollars is an inspirational hero in my book. Bill has always inspired people to do well in life with the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation (Templeton).

“If you show people the problems and you show people the solutions they will be moved to act” – Bill Gates (Templeton)