My Heros | Teen Ink

My Heros

By Mike Hawk BRONZE, Puyallup, Washington
Mike Hawk BRONZE, Puyallup, Washington

Hi, my name is Kenny. I have many heroes in my life but the two that have impacted my life the most are my two best friends, Zach and Dylan. Those guys have been there for me so many times and that’s why they’re my heroes. People say the three of us are like brothers, I think saying that is just an understatement. I wouldn’t be the same person I am today if it wasn’t for them.

Zach has been there for me more times than I could possibly count. I became acquainted with him at the age of seven. We met through my friend Ryan; this was at the playground across the street from my house. Ever since then we’ve been like brothers. His family treats me like I’m part of the family. That meant a lot to me because before I moved out here I could barely call my family a family. Their house is my second home and I’m always over there when there is no school. It was also Zach’s idea to start a band, which I found to be the most fun thing to do. Being on stage with him is best thing in the world even if people think we suck. Even though Zach and I have had some issues in the past we’re still amazing friends and still a brother to me.

Dylan is an awesome friend and a really nice guy. He’s the kind of guy who would bail me out of any situation, and the one time he couldn’t, he was by my side laughing at how much trouble we’re going to get in. Dylan is an amazing musician too. I’ve never seen anyone so open to different kinds of music like he is. He even plays bass in our band too. Without Dylan I would probably still be out getting into trouble. I’m very thankful that he is one of my best friends.

I could sit here and write about all the good time we had together like playing shows together and being stupid, but writing all those fun times would take forever. I’ve never been able to be around a person for that long without getting tired or annoyed of them, surprisingly I’ve never had that feeling for those guys. Both of those guys are the most awesome friend a person could ask for, and I’m glad to call them my heroes.