Adrian Peterson | Teen Ink

Adrian Peterson

November 12, 2009
By Batman BRONZE, Black Diamond, Washington
Batman BRONZE, Black Diamond, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Adrian Peterson: Mobile, Agile, Hostile, and my hero. On March 21, 1985 Adrian Lewis Peterson was born, from that day on his destiny was set; for him to become a star football player and my hero. Throughout his life tragedies occurred that made him who he is today.

When Adrian was 8 his older brother Brian who was 9 was killed by a drunk driver. Another tragedy that occurred later in his life was when he was 12; his dad Nelson served 8 years in prison for laundering drug money. The night the NFL Combine Adrian’s half-brother was murdered and he still decided to take place in the RCA dome in Indianapolis, Indiana. Some Pre-Draft measurements state that he is 6ft 1-3/8, 217lbs running a 4.40 40 yard dash and a vertical of 38-1/2 inches.

Adrian Peterson has been claimed as the greatest current running back today. He has awards such as the NFL Rookie of the year and the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the year. As well as: 2008 Pro Bowl, Pro Bowl MVP, Best Breakthrough Athlete (ESPY), Rushing Title (1760 yards), First Team all Pro, and the FedEx Ground Player of the year. As a 3 year player Adrian already holds 4 records: Most 200 yard rushing games for a rookie (2), Most yards rushing in the first 8 games (1,036), Most yards rushing in a single game (296), and the second rookie ever to win Pro Bowl MVP (behind Marshall Faulk).

Adrian played for the Oklahoma Sooners in his college career. He won such awards as Hall Trophy (2003) First team AP All Freshman, First team consensus All-American, Doak walker award finalist, Heisman trophy finalist, and Jim Brown Trophy winner. In 2006 Nelson Peterson (Adrian’s Father) was released from prison and got to be a spectator in his sons game against Iowa state University. That game Adrian broke his collar bone and was out for 4 weeks.

Throughout his life Adrian had to face all those difficult times. Winning all those awards and all those trophies just proves that no matter what the hardships, if you believe in yourself and others believe in you then you can accomplish your dreams. This is what makes Adrian Peterson my hero.