Steven Jackson | Teen Ink

Steven Jackson

By Mitch Johnson BRONZE, Kent, Washington
Mitch Johnson BRONZE, Kent, Washington

Steven Jackson is strong, fast, dedicated, and my hero. He is the running back for the St. Louis Rams football team, which is my favorite football team. The Rams are not a very good team right now, actually they are one of the worst teams in the league. Steven Jackson still stays loyal to them and plays hard every game. He is 6’2” and 236 lbs, he is as big as a lineman, but runs a 4.45 40-yard dash which is very fast.
He was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. He played high school football for Eldorado High. He was named regional MVP and rushed for over 6,000 yards and scored 81 touchdowns. He was an amazing athlete. Steven went to Oregon State University for college and led the Pac 10 in rushing yards.
In college, Steven injured his knee and didn’t get to play his last college football season. This injury affected him for awhile. NFL teams overlooked him in the draft because of this injury. He had to get a clean up surgery which fixed his knee and it hasn’t bothered him since then.
Some of Steven’s accomplishments are being named regional MVP in high school, which is hard to get. He also led the Pac 10 in rushing yards in college. Another accomplishment, this one in the NFL, was being able to play in the pro bowl. The pro bowl is reserved for the best players of the NFL. He also received a vote for the NFL offensive player of the year award. He hasn’t won a super bowl yet but he deserves it.
The reason I think he is a hero because of his dedication. Not only is he an amazing athlete, but he is so dedicated to the Rams that he stays with them even though they are not good. If he did decide to trade teams, he could very well be the best running back in the league because he would actually have an offensive line to block for him. Right now he has to make his own holes instead of lineman making them for him. This is why Steven Jackson is a hero to me.