My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

What is a hero? A hero is someone who is there for you, helps you out, and is a role model. Anyone can be a hero. My hero is my mom because she is always there for me and I know I can always depend on her.

The first reason my mom is my hero is because she has always been there for me. If I ever need someone to talk to, she is there to listen to me. I talk to her about everything, such as friends and school. She always knows how to make me feel better. Another example of my mom being there for me is that she has never missed any of my activities, such as my dance recitals. I have danced seen I was 4 years old and she has been to every single dance recital since the beginning. She has also helped me learn how to drive. My mom has been taking me out to practice driving since I received my permit. I always know that my mom will be there for me and to help me if I need it.

The second reason that my mom is my hero is that she is responsible and independent. She is a single mother raising two teenagers by herself. I know that it can be difficult for her at times, but somehow she makes everything work. My mom also tries her best to make me and my sister happy, even if it’s making our favorite dinner or dessert. She has had to be responsible for me, my sister, and herself. She makes sure we are taken care of and also well fed. My sister and I have learned to be responsible from her. My mom has to support herself and two kids and I think she is doing a great job. She can get stressed out sometimes, but she always finds a way to work it out and make everything fine.

My hero is my mom because she is always there for me and I know I can always count on her. Anyone can be a hero and I chose my mom. She will always be my hero.