Ironman is not a lagitament superhero | Teen Ink

Ironman is not a lagitament superhero

By brandonm BRONZE, Kent, Washington
brandonm BRONZE, Kent, Washington

Every hero has their weakness, but some have just too many. Ironman is one of the few who do not qualify as a real super hero. If you want to become a super hero there are certain standards you must meet, like: Having super powers, having an arch enemy, a misunderstood relationship with the government/media. There are other small details that should be met but these will be our main focus.

Ironman does not meet the standards of regular super heroes. Every super hero has an arch-enemy. Superman has Lax Luther, Spiderman has the Green Goblin. Iron man has no single arch-enemy instead he fights random terrorists and every so often a neighborhood bully. When you lack an evil villain who always escapes jail, threatens the earth and challenges your abilities, its like taking all the work out of being a super hero.

Another standard heroes have, is that they should have a misunderstood relationship with the government/media. The X-Men are called Mutants and other mean names; and are threatened to death everyday by the government. They face daily the challenges of ridicule and humiliation. While Ironman slides by this requirement, making life just that much easier for him. His best friend is a general in the armed forces and in the newspaper he is seen as a god. Real heroes have it hard while Ironman has it easy.

The Hulk received his powers from an accidental experiment; Spiderman got his from a mutant spider bite. Ironman built his powers from parts he bought from his company. It doesn’t seem fair that the only reason he can have powers and we can’t, is because he has the money to build a suit. Super heroism isn’t something we can decide to receive one day when you have a bully you have to fight. It should be something we receive as a gift from fate.
Why can’t we be “super heroes” if Iron man is? A wise villain once said “When everyone is super nobody is.”(Syndrome from the Incredibles) If it were not for the superhero criteria, anybody could be super. Super heroism isn’t something we can decide to receive one day when you have a bully you have to fight. It should be something we receive as a gift from fate. Ironman cheated the system; he should not be qualified as a superhero.

GreyGirl ELITE said...
on Oct. 19 2011 at 2:07 am
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
Please take the time to write "legitimate" correctly when discussing someone as admirable as iron man. It is very hard for me to take you seriously, especially when I disagree with you, when you do not even care about your opinion enough to spell your title correctly. If you care so little, why did you post this on Teen Ink?

Jasper said...
its iron man. theres a space.