My Idol | Teen Ink

My Idol

By Justin Laine BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Justin Laine BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona

My idol is a NBA basketball player. Every game he tries his hardest even if he is off his game. If he gets on a roll he can carry a team by himself. He is my idol.

He took his team to the conference finals. Even though he had a lot to do with his team winning, he didn't do it by himself. He is a team player. He is my idol.

When he plays basketball you can see his hard work. Also you can smell it by the sweat dripping off of him. When he plays basketball you can hear him talk "smack" to the opposing team. He is my idol.

You can hear his deep voice when he talks. When he walks you can see his huge feet. When he plays basketball his jersey is loose even thoug he is very strong. He is my idol.

His name is Carmelo Anthony and he plays for the Denver Nuggets. He is my idol.

I love basketball

rayray said...
on Jan. 28 2010 at 7:43 pm
Your story is very convincing. I feel that you might see some of yourself in this person. Is that why you like him? Or maybe you just want to be like him? You must know how hard you have to work to get the results you want. You must be a good basketball player to notice all these things in your story.

odonnells said...
on Oct. 22 2009 at 8:24 pm
I like Carmelo Anthony too but I do not know if I would call him my idol. First off you say you like, “How he talks smack on the court.” Well I do not know if I would like that to be my idol. Another reason I am not sure he is your idol is that he sucker punched a guy in the face during a game. I guess if your into hitting people, maybe your idol should be like Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson but he bit a guy’s ear off so you might not want that. One thing that I did find interesting in your story though, was the use of, “He is my idol,” at the end of every paragraph. It shows that you like him. I just question your judgment because of some of the things he has done.