The Everyday Hero | Teen Ink

The Everyday Hero

August 6, 2009
By Delila Gray BRONZE, Zavalla, Texas
Delila Gray BRONZE, Zavalla, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hero. That word is taken so lightly nowdays. People think a hero is their favorite actor or actress on a Television show. I think those people need to step back and examine their lives. Being a hero is not being the most famous celebrity at the moment. Being a hero is something that we should not take lightly.
What is my definition of hero? A hero is your go-to girl. A hero is the one you run to, the one you call at 3 in the morning crying and she says "I love you,". A hero is someone who gives you useful advice, someone who listens and actually cares. Someone you draw stregnth from in your time of need. Most of all a hero is someone who deserves to be your hero. Someone, who even if they know nothing about the situation says "We'll get through this together." That is a hero. A hero is not someone you see on T.V who is putting on an act just to make you think they are worthy to be called your hero. You have to be able to relate to your hero. To talk to your hero. Thats why you ask me who my hero is? My hero is someone I can be with and not be judged ny. Someone who knows my faults but does not persecute me because of them. Someone who is my shoulder to cry on. Someone who I can laugh and cry with in a matter of five minutes. Sure the veterans and soldiers are America's hero's, but you need your own. Thats why my everday, make a difference in my life hero, is my best friend without a doubt.


The author's comments:
This is something I noticed when i heard kids reciting about how their hero was Michael Jackson. I was like what did he ever do for you? I thought about someone who touches my life on a daily basis. My best friend. The true heroes. God's gift to us. Friends.