The Everyday Hero

Hero. That word is taken so lightly nowdays. People think a hero is their favorite actor or actress on a Television show. I think those people need to step back and examine their lives. Being a hero is not being the most famous celebrity at the moment. Being a hero is something that we should not take lightly.
What is my definition of hero? A hero is your go-to girl. A hero is the one you run to, the one you call at 3 in the morning crying and she says "I love you,". A hero is someone who gives you useful advice, someone who listens and actually cares. Someone you draw stregnth from in your time of need. Most of all a hero is someone who deserves to be your hero. Someone, who even if they know nothing about the situation says "We'll get through this together." That is a hero. A hero is not someone you see on T.V who is putting on an act just to make you think they are worthy to be called your hero. You have to be able to relate to your hero. To talk to your hero. Thats why you ask me who my hero is? My hero is someone I can be with and not be judged ny. Someone who knows my faults but does not persecute me because of them. Someone who is my shoulder to cry on. Someone who I can laugh and cry with in a matter of five minutes. Sure the veterans and soldiers are America's hero's, but you need your own. Thats why my everday, make a difference in my life hero, is my best friend without a doubt.

loughnerl said...
Your articile is extremely truthful in the sense that a hero should be someone in your life that you see and interact with, not your favorite actress or singer. Your definition of a hero is perfect, "one you run to, the one you call at three in the morning crying, and someone who gives useful advice, listens and actually cares." Your quote on the side really tied in with the theme of your writing, "this is something I noticed when I heard kids reciting about how their hero was M... (more »)

Delila replied...
Thanks for you kind comments! I appreciate them alot. You guys really make me smile when you send me good comments! Thanks so much, you made my day!

Kaylissa said...
Wow! I just read your article and it was so good! You are totally right! I also liked what you said about Michael Jackson in the quotes. Your a good writer and that made a good and positive impact on me.

Delila replied...
Thanks so much! It is good to know that I can impact people with simply a few words. Thank you so very much!

Linica said...
I thought that your veiw on heros was very intriguing. Great Job!!! Continue voicing your opinion and keep writing great articles like this.

sm72 said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 9:33 am
i thought tour definition of a hero is more like a friend than a just practily a friend

Delila replied...
My veiw is that a hero should be someone in your life that you see and interact with. Mine just happened to be my friend. It could be your mom, or dad, or grandparents. Even a coach.

Sarah_Sunshine said...
I think this is an amazing article. You put this very well. God gave us friends as a gift. Everyone needs someone and this article supports that. A TV star should not be your hero, it should be someone who deserves it.
So good job Delila I wish you the best of luck!