Rihanna - Robyn Rihanna Fenty | Teen Ink

Rihanna - Robyn Rihanna Fenty

October 6, 2023
By bella-yegyan BRONZE, Van Nuys, California
bella-yegyan BRONZE, Van Nuys, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Robyn Fenty, more commonly known as Rihanna, is one of the most influential music artists of her time. She’s dedicated her life not only to her career but also to charity and helping others. Rihanna has donated over 15 million dollars to causes such as fighting climate change and injustice. In 2020, she donated $5 million to help the US recover from the pandemic. She also hosts a yearly charity ball to raise money for those in need. She supports many charities, such as the Alzheimers Association, City of Hope, Feeding America, Red Cross, and many more. Also, when she was only 18, she created the Believe Foundation in hopes of helping children with terminal illnesses. 

Rihanna had a rough start in life, but through hard work, she was able to overcome her struggles and challenges. She grew up in poverty in Barbados. Her parents had marital issues and eventually got a divorce in 2013. Her father struggled with drug abuse when she was young. Since Rihana had such a troublesome home life, she turned to music as an escape. Her life was far from easy, but as she says, “It's nice to look back on your life and see things as lessons, not regrets.”

Many people look up to her as a role model. She’s independent, hard-working, strong, and determined. Rihanna is a cultural icon who stands for women's empowerment. From her, I’ve learned to be more confident and to never give up on my dreams. She teaches women around the world to be proud of who they are and to never change themselves for others. She truly has made such a big impact on the world and will always continue to “shine bright like a          diamond.”


The author's comments:

Rihanna is one of my biggest idols. She started from almost northing and was able to work her way to the top. Now, she's one of the most loved and respected artists of this generation. Though, music isn't the only thing she's done. Rihanna has done her part to give back to the world and help in any way she can.