The Streggle o life | Teen Ink

The Streggle o life

My hero isn’t much older, smarter, or stronger than I am but he is an important part of my life. He has always been there for me and will always be there for me. Even though we fight a lot I know if I was ever in trouble he’d be there to help me out. My hero is my big brother Zach.

He has been successful so far throughout his life. When he was 12 he played 3rd base for his baseball team that went to the World Series in California. Then at OPRF he played on the baseball team that was runner-up in state. Now he is attending Indiana University and plans on majoring in Psychology. I really admire how hard he worked on his baseball skills and grades to become as successful as he is now.

He is a sensitive guy and has helped my family through a lot of tough times. When my moms father died of cancer he was there for my mom. She was really sad and needed someone to help her so he stepped up and was there for her. This shows that he always does the best he can for everyone else.

Although he is a sensitive guy he is a huge tease. He is always joking around with everyone and making us laugh. He makes fun of people in my family in a funny way which is hilarious. I think his mix of sensitivity and humor makes his personality so great.

Ever since I was a little kid I have always looked up to him and tried to be like him. He may not know it but I have based a lot of my decisions on what I think he would do. Even now when were watching T.V. together and he thinks something is funny and he laughs at it, I laugh too just because he did so I think it must be funny. Also, I always steal his and wear them, which gets him really angry, but I still do it because I think they’re cool because he wears them.

He has always been into my success in sports. Even when he is at college he tells me to text him after every one of my games and tell him how I am doing. This means a lot to me because it shows he really cares about what’s going on in my life and how everything is going.

My hero hasn’t cured cancer or changed the world but he is just as important to me. I know I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I didn’t have Zach as my big brother.