My hero | Teen Ink

My hero

By Aasiad1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Aasiad1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Who is your hero? I get asked this question many times, I am never sure how I am supposed to answer this question. There’s many people who help me to be who I am today. I look up to many people. But there’s one person out there that pops into my head when they ask me this question- Mom. 

My mom supports me no matter what the situation is. She is my rock. Someone who will weigh me down when I am getting too heavy. She always has my back and is on my side but that isn’t the reason why she would be my hero. She’s my hero because of how strong she is. She’s the type of person that doesn’t like to show her weaknesses but I know that she struggles from time to time just like a normal person does. She doesn’t let that stop her, she wakes up everyday and tries the best she can to give us a better day than she has. Sometimes it may be hard for her and she may need help but she always tries her best. And looking back at that as a kid my siblings and I may have had it rough for her when she was going through her hard days because we weren’t used to not getting the attention that we get on a day to day basis. 

Now that we are older we can see that it gets hard on her sometimes and she may need a break from everyone and everything and give her her space but she always shows up later happier and better than ever. Having five kids can be a little overwhelming but she seems like she’s doing a better job at it. Me having that many siblings made me realize that I don’t want that many kids when I grow older but my mom does a better job at being a mom. 

My mom has struggled with depression and anxiety her whole life but she doesn’t let that stop her from making her kids happy. She’ll do anything to make her kids happy. When her kids are happy she’s happy too. She’s a different person when her kids are happy. You can tell that all she wants is her kids to grow up and be successful and be the best person that they can be. 

There are many different ways you can raise your child, sometimes I think my mom is doing it the wrong way but overall she’s the best mother I could have asked for. She makes me laugh when I’m sad, she gives me the best advice ever, and she is always there for me whenever I need her to be. 

I wrote about my hero which is my mom. She means the world to me.