The Heroes of Flight 93 | Teen Ink

The Heroes of Flight 93

By Frodo52 BRONZE, Ravenna, Michigan
Frodo52 BRONZE, Ravenna, Michigan

There aren’t many things that inspire me or make me wonder what I would have done in the same situation. This was one of the rare occasions that did make me think about that stuff. The attack on the Twin Towers didn’t have an affect on me when it actually happened, but that was because I was probably 7 or 8 years old. It really hit me about 2 or 3 years ago when the reports and movies started to come out.

The heroes of Flight 93 indeed made an enormous sacrifice to themselves along with their family. Not that their family had much of a choice in what they did, but I’m sure they support what the end result came out to be. I know the young children probably didn’t understand what they were experiencing when it happened, just like me, but it hopefully makes them think now.

A passenger by the name of Todd Beamer called a number leading to the GTE Airfone’s Chicago center. He talked to a one Lisa Jefferson for 13 continuous minutes while the rebellion was apparently taking place. He was heard reciting The Lord’s Prayer with another passenger, then the 23rd Psalm before saying his famous last words “Lets roll.”

This rebellion could be the most important one in history. I say could, because rumors have been spread that this plane was headed for the Washington D.C. building. If that plane crashed into that building, our entire country’s history could have been decimated. Also, they knew they weren’t going to survive in the end. I just hope that all of the Americans went to heaven when they died. They are the most important heroes in my lifetime. I just wish more of America could be like they were.