Oprah: Everyone's Hero? | Teen Ink

Oprah: Everyone's Hero?

By Kate Denner BRONZE, Horsham, Pennsylvania
Kate Denner BRONZE, Horsham, Pennsylvania

Who’s your hero? Are they the greatest TV personality of all time? The most charitable person? Or perhaps just the most awesome person ever? Well guess what. They’re none of those. Why? Because Oprah is. Oprah Winfrey, a small town girl from Mississippi, is the world’s most influential person and is so famous, you know who she is without using her last name. She was born almost 55 years ago. As a child, she was bounced around between her mother, father, and grandmother. She managed to turn absolutely nothing into a whole lot of something. Oprah she be your hero because she’s the most generous philanthropist, stands up for what she believes in, and has done it all form nothing.

Oprah stands up for what she believes in. She, with help of now-VP Biden, then Senator Biden, helped create a legislature to help protect children from child predators. In addition, she has posted $100,000 rewards for information leading to the arrest of many child predators, three of which have now been caught with the help of her viewers. She has also strongly supported now President Obama’s campaign.
Oprah Winfrey is also one the world’s most generous philanthropists. She donates large sums of her nearly $400 million dollar income to various organizations and causes. She has started two (count ‘em!Two!) schools for under-privileged girls in South Africa, whose students she considers her daughters. She has also given $300,000 in rewards for information the lead to the arrest of at-large child predators.

Oprah should be everyone’s hero. She’s extremely charitable, and stands up for what she believes in. Not to mention that she is the GREATEST person in the universe. Oh, yes. The universe.