Heroes | Teen Ink

Heroes

By Laine Mitchell SILVER, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
Laine Mitchell SILVER, Dell Rapids, South Dakota

Heroes are ones who stand out from the crowd having something to say from their heart and who will stick with their plead until death. I would say the greatest American influence/hero is Martin Luther King Jr. who was an African American who lived in the segregation period, where blacks and whites were completely separated by different education programs, bathrooms, even drinking fountains. King stood up in what he believed in and it moved the United States of America forever. He gave speeches around the states, walked in protests, and donated money to the civil rights movement. Martin made tons of speeches but my favorite one is “I Have a Dream”, he touched so many citizens with this speech and this speech led him to the main focus of white hatred. Martin moved so many people it changed the world forever and he fought for that till death. He died in Memphis, Tennessee by gun shots on the balcony of a hotel in 1968. I believe Martin Luther King Jr. did just as much after he died then when he was alive because the way he died proved to the USA it needed to change.