Shaun White | Teen Ink

Shaun White

By Chad Smith BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Chad Smith BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Shaun White was born September 3, 1986 in Carlsbad California to a couple named Cathy and Roger White. He Is 5’8 in height, he is now 23 years of age. Shaun White is a pro snowboarder and a skateboarder, Shaun learned to snow/skate board on his trampoline. He won his first trophy when he was ten and that trophy was the National Junior Championships. Today Shaun’s sponsors are Burton Snowboards, as well as Oakley, Birdhouse Skateboards, Park City Resort, Target, Red Bull, Adio, and HP. Shaun has recently made a game called Shaun White Snowboarding, which is about a young snowboarder (you the player) that is on his way learning trick and earning respect from other boarders. Shaun White is considered the seventh best snowboarder in the world.

When Shaun was a kid he learned how to maintain balance on his backyard trampoline. He was sadly had a heat cancer and had to have two surgeries when he has about 7 years old. At 16, Shaun was the youngest snowboarder to win the US open Slope Style Championships. In 2003 he was named the Actions sports athlete for his awesomeness. Shaun has won more than 6 gold medals in the past three years. He has recently set a record by winning two gold medals in one year.

People have been asking me who did Shaun White get his approval to become a pro skater from? Well the legendary Tony Hawk, at a skate park in Southern California, Hawk mentored the young skater (Shaun) which in turn helped Shaun become a skating pro in 2003.After that Rolling Stone magazine in 2006 had Hawk saying “Even five years ago, I thought Shaun was one of the most amazing athletes on the planet.” Coming from an athlete such as Tony Hawk, that is no small compliment. Shaun won his first major competition in snowboarding in 2002 The Winter X Games. That has been my brief summary about the amazing Shaun White.

iwrote this piece of writing because Shaun White is my hero

Dayne22 SILVER said...
Dayne22 SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"- Leonardo DaVinci "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are" -Markus Zusak "I'm just trying to be me... Whoever that is" Unknown

LOVE IT ESPECIALLY BECAUSE SHAUN WHITE IS MY HERO TOO :D NOW HE HAS TWO OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS AND  HE'S THE #1 SNOWBOARDER IN THE WORLD :D