Thank You, Veteran | Teen Ink

Thank You, Veteran

By will-laudy BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
will-laudy BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Vietnam Veteran,

I want to start off by saying thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for sacrificing your life for me and everyone else around the country. I can not imagine what it would be like to leave my family, friends, and education to go overseas and sacrifice my life. God bless you and your families for everything that you have done for this country. I am excited for you to visit the memorials that were built in honor of your service.  

My name is Will L., I am a high school junior in Hartland, Wisconsin. I love to play sports and be with my family and friends. When watching the Honor Flight video in school, I was inspired to write to you, because I would not be able to do any of those things without your sacrifices for this country. I could not imagine leaving my family, friends, and my hobbies to go overseas where my life was always in danger. I thank you for your sacrifices so I am able to enjoy what I love to do the most.

When I was eleven years old my family visited the war memorials, and even though I was only eleven it was such a powerful experience. I learned how many men and women love this country that they are willing to sacrifice their life for it. If it was not people like you this country would not be how it is today. I hope you enjoy the memorials, they are truly beautiful and have such a deep meaning to everyone around the country. I hope it is a memory of a lifetime for you, as you deserve it.

Welcome home, your sacrifices are truly priceless and will never be forgotten. May God bless you and your family.   

Sincerely,

Will L.