Letter to a Veteran | Teen Ink

Letter to a Veteran

By Hockey1717 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hockey1717 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Korean War Veteran,

Thank you for your bravery. Thank you for fighting for your country at such a young age. Thank you for your service. Watching the honor flight movie warms my heart, seeing all the veterans able to visit Washington D.C. As I speak on behalf of this country welcome home and thank you.

My name is Conor and I am a highschool senior, I plan on attending college and attaining a business degree. Having a grandfather that served in the Korean war gave me insight on the sacrifices veterans made to sustain the great value of America, freedom. In years past and traveling to the capital I was moved by all the memorials and truly realized the sacrifice you gave to your beloved country, thank you.

For me it is a great honor to welcome you home, as well as appreciate and respect what you have done for this country. Everytime I hear the star spangled banner and stare at the flags 50 stars as they twinkle back, I reflect on everyone who has sacrificed for me to be able to listen freely as the great song rings through the air. Thank you for your bravery. Thank you for your strength. Thank you for your service.

A letter to a veteran that will be going on a upcoming honor flight.