Dear WWII Veteran | Teen Ink

Dear WWII Veteran

January 7, 2019
By 0endisch SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
0endisch SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear WWII Veteran,


Welcome home! I cannot express the gratitude I have for you and all of the sacrifices you have made in order for me to be able to have the privileges and rights I have today.  The sacrifices you have made for me allow me to freely speak my mind and also be able to pursue my dreams. You put your career, family, and social life on hold to give me the chance to be a successful person, and I cannot thank you enough.  Your bravery through the struggles of leaving a familiar and comfortable place and going to an unfamiliar and tough place is enough motivation for me to always try my best. Without your strength and determination, I would struggle to achieve my dreams and goals.  I truly appreciate all of the things you have done for me and the rest of my young generation. While we may be very attached to our phones and technology, many of us still recognize all of the great things you have done for our beautiful country. Thank you, my hero, for allowing me to follow my dreams.


Sincerely,

Carter


The author's comments:

I wrote a letter to a veteran going on an upcoming Honor Flight.