Mall Call | Teen Ink

Mall Call

January 4, 2019
By writerboy22 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
writerboy22 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Wisconsin Veteran,


I would like to begin by first thanking you for your service, courage and bravery. I am an athlete and before every sporting event, we sing the National Anthem. As I proudly sing the National Anthem, I feel proud, patriotic and passionate. I think about the American soldiers who fought and continue to fight for our country. About how lucky and privileged to be able to play any sport I want and to do anything I want because of your bravery and service you committed for this country.   


I am Adam P. and I am in 11th grade. In class we watched the Honor Flight movie with Jonathan and we got to see what people who go on the Honor Flight do and I think it is a great way to have veterans honored who have fought and gave so much up just for there country. My Grandfather was taken into the vietnam war when he turned 18 because of the draft. He didn’t want to go because at the time him and my grandmother were just about to get married. They couldn’t get married because my grandpa had to go into the war. Even though my grandpa was only a chef in the war, I would still imagine that it was really scary for him. Eventually he made it home and married my grandmother, and they are still living happily to this day.


I am extremely honored to write you this letter about how thankful everyone is of you, because of your courage and strength to fight in the war. I didn’t even think of this until I watched a podcast about veterans even when you guys come back home it is hard to adjust to everything because you were living so different for a while. Even like flashing white lights in a city reminds you of war and how you use green or blue lights you they can’t be seen from far away or people going up to you and not asking any questions except did you shoot anyone. I’m sorry you guys have to deal with things like that, even when you risked your life for us and that you have to be uncomfortable when you come home. Thank you for everything you have done for our Country.


Sincerely,

Adam P.