The Girl | Teen Ink

The Girl

Everyone has a hero, someone who has helped them through the rough times in their life. For some people there heros may be there parents, uncles, friends, even public figures. For me its different, my hero is someone that no one would ever expect. My hero is a girl who i met a long time ago, she is my ex.   

When i was in 5th grade i met a girl named her brittany, she had recently moved into my building in my neighborhood. She was a grade above me even though i was older than her by a couple months. We didn’t really talk at first but when summer came we quickly became like bestfriends. I would come outside everyday just to play and hang out with this girl. At the sametime more and more people kept moving in to the neighborhood. Soon i had more and more friends, but they weren't good friends. With this group of friends we would ride our bikes to all kinds of places and i didn't notice i was distancing myself from my one true friend. Soon i got even more bad habits from my “friends” we would do all types of mischievous things. Brittany told me i was gonna get in trouble that i shouldn’t hang around with these people, they were ruining my life. I didn’t want to listen to her. It wasn’t until i got arrested that i realized she was right, but it was to late i had completely distanced myself from the word.

A couple months went by my and brittany stopped talking, i was falling into depression i felt alone and confused. I finally got the courage to go talk to her i was nervous my hands were sweaty i couldn’t talk i had butterflies in my stomach the only words that came to my mind were “I miss you”  she told me she missed me to that she was just waiting for me to go talk to her. Me and her became close again, we got closer than ever. I had realized that I was quickly falling in love with this girl and this was a new feeling for me I didn’t know how to express myself. I didn’t know how to tell her how I felt and this feeling was killing me from the inside. She figured it out after a while and when I told her how I felt she said she felt the same she helped me overcome my depression, she helped me see who where my real friends. She helped me be a better person I no longer get in trouble or hang out with the wrong group of people.  

She became so important to me, she became my hero because when I was at my lowest point in life she didn’t leave me like everyone else. Till this day she will always be an inspiration to me. She’s always going to be my hero even though we don’t talk anymore