Educator | Teen Ink

Educator

By jrod15 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
jrod15 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Since I was a little kid I have always been above average at math. When I got to my 8th grade math class at North Shore Middle School I didn’t know what to expect because I was told the teacher, Mr. Vento was funny and loud. And he was just that, most people dread going to math class everyday, well when you have Mr. Vento as A teacher you looked forward to going to class.

He is not only a funny teacher but he wanted everyone to learn and he would make sure everyone was on the same page and nobody was being left behind. It is hard for a teacher to get every kid to like them without being a terrible teacher. He is loud and enthusiastic about teaching math and he wants everyone to learn but he makes jokes while teaching and funny analogies. He has his limits for having fun because he kicked me and my whole group out of class because when we would not stop messing around. But somehow Mr. Vento managed to get everyone to like him and make class fun while being the best teacher I have ever had.

He motivated me to not want to just be average and what A little bit of effort can do for you, I can apply this to not just math but my life and it has helped me throughout high school. His classroom war like a warm bed you could stay in forever. Everyone felt safe in his classroom and never wanted to leave because he made learning fun with jokes and being different than any other teacher.

In Mr. Vento’s class I learned more than I ever did and still he was the best teacher I have ever had. Not only did I learn the most from him, not just math but I enjoyed going to class while learning. When a teacher can make a class enjoyable to go to i think that deserves to be recognized especially when all of the kids are learning better and paying more attention.

These are just some of the reasons why Mr. Vento is the best teacher I have ever had and my educator of the year.