Best Teacher of the Year | Teen Ink

Best Teacher of the Year

April 6, 2018
By emrice123 BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
emrice123 BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

     Mrs. Mary Tellier, my Mount Carmel Academy English II teacher, has been an amazing educator to me personally. I want to recognize her many assets that have made my freshman English class a great experience! For one, I am a question-asker, and Mrs. Tellier has never once made me feel stupid for asking a dumb question. She has also never shown frustration with my questions but has shown patience when she answers me. Another asset is her willingness to offer extra help. She is always willing to come in early to school or stay late after school if a student does not understand the lesson. A third asset she possesses, my favorite, is her humor used while she teaches. She can be so funny that it grabs everyone's attention. The class is never boring because she keeps everyone engaged with the use of laughter. Mrs. Tellier seems to know just when the perfect time is to make her students bust out laughing. I know when I am in her class I can relax which makes learning so much easier. Finally, what makes Mrs. Mary Tellier stand out above all others is not only is she a great and engaging English teacher but also a great role model!