Dear Mr. Stein, | Teen Ink

Dear Mr. Stein,

February 27, 2018
By Sargento BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois
Sargento BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I find inspiration in you because you caused me to learn how to respect and treat others the way I hope they treat me, a more defined “Golden Rule,” created through experience in an adult world. Only recently, in Film Study: Respect, I learned of code-switching and P.F.L, two abilities I most certainly intend to carry with me well beyond my teenage years. Your morals, without a doubt, prevail over mine, a characteristic of yours I find inspiring.


I find you admirable because you caused me to not only learn more about the world but also of its people. As a teacher, you pass on knowledge to help a young student, such as myself, hopefully, maintain a successful lifestyle, an admirable trait. On the other hand, you possess a sense of morals, and you pass on those morals to the students you teach.


I appreciate you because you caused me to enjoy education by making it both humorous and intellectually enhancing. Obviously, as almost everyone in your sixth-grade classes and electives says, you run enjoyable classes for all. However, you remain strict on your inability to endure insufficient work, and I appreciate it.
In short, I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your work and what you give to the school and its students, you make teaching respectable, and your style contains similar aspects to charity work, thank you.


The author's comments:

I was inspired by the amount of effort my teacher put day in and day out to educate his students and by making it entertaining as well. I hope by this people will learn to admire their teachers more, as the things they give to you take time too.