Msgt. Howie EOY | Teen Ink

Msgt. Howie EOY

January 15, 2018
By Rivera503 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Rivera503 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I nominate Msgt. Howie of the Delaware Military Academy for the Educator of the Year award. I nominate Msgt. Howie not only because his excelllence as an educator, but because of how motivational and inspirational he is. Msgt. Howie is for sure one of the best teachers i've ever had in my 8 years of education, and he is one of the funniest teachers i've ever had. I remember a joke Msgt. Howie made and he said "when people see me, they say, you see that big man..... yeah, that's Msgt. Howie." Msgt. Howie is always looking out for all of his students, and he makes sure that everyone is on track and doing what they are supposed to do. Msgt. Howie pushes people because he wants everyone to succeed in life. Msgt. Howie has said to me specifically that i have good potential, and he is going to push me to do things i thought i never would be able to do. Msgt. Howie reminds me of my dad because most of the stuff Msgt. Howie says or does, my dad does in a similar. One thing that Msgt says, my dad says it also and it is that "nothing in this world is free. If you want it, go get it." And that means that if you want something, work your hardest to get it, and you will feel accomplished. Msgt. Howie believe it or not, has played a big part in my life. He's changed my views on life and changed me as a person with a few sentences saying "You have one life, You choose what to do with it, and you choose the person you want to be. Just don't go down the wrong path." Msgt. Howie likes to joke around and play around, but when it's time to work, he gets serious, and that's what i like about him. I started school at the Delaware Military Academy 3 weeks late and Msgt. Howie makes me want to go to school every day and helps me understand the world better. Msgt. Howie is kind of an unpredictable person at times and he's like a cobra, you never know when he's going to strike. I want Msgt. Howie to know that he's the best teacher i've had in 8 years. He is a better teacher than any teacher in every category there is to teaching. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I honestly think that Msgt. Howie is definitely deserving of the Educator of the Year award. Finally, I would like to sincerely say thank you Msgt. Howiefor being the best teacher he could possibly be. He is such an awesome, intelligent, intellectual, and remarkable person. I'm pretty sure everyone that thinks like me at DMA and will nominate you for being such a great teacher and staff member to everyone at the school and outside the school. This is not just from me, so on behalf of everyone, we say thank you for being such a great role model. Thank you for being our Educator of the Year.