Micheal Gnewuch | Teen Ink

Micheal Gnewuch

By Chris Pendergast BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
Chris Pendergast BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin

The first year of high school is always the toughest because of the pressure to find your classes, the running through the hallways to get to class on time, and the connecting with your teachers. When I was asked the question, “Who are you going to pick for teacher of the year,” there was no doubt Mr. Gnewuch was going to be my pick. He is like a footprint towards an uncommon direction. He leads people to places they never thought they could go and he helps students achieve their goal.
When I walked into his class I felt I was right where I needed to be. I will always remember him as the first history teacher who made me and my classmates realize there is a mature side to freshmen. One thing that makes him stick out from others is when he offers something for the final. That something is where you try to get every question wrong for a 100 percent. I had a kid in my class try and succeed by getting every question on the exam wrong.
Mr. Gnewuch is dedicated to whatever he does. He will be the first teacher at school almost everyday, and one of the last to leave. I remember when he told me that he gets to school around six every morning. One of those days was a snow day. He was already in his classroom when they called off school! He is at school that late because of his coaching of football, power lifting, and pole vaulting for the track team.
I am submitting this nomination into your competition for my teacher, coach, mentor, and friend because he deserves more than just a simple thank you. He shows kids the right way to live their life and makes them realize that they can make it.

THIS IS SO INSPIRATIONAL!!!!!