The Best Teacher Ever

I think that my 7th grade teacher Mrs. Yu should be nominated for the teacher of the year award. I think that she should be awarded, because she was a very good teacher and explained things really well, and showed us what's actually happening in the world, rather than stuff just from a textbook.

To start off, Mrs. Yu showed us videos of what was actually happening in the world, rather than just teaching us from a textbook. To continue, we were allowed to voice our opinions in her class, and often times we would just spend the whole time debating over our views on certain issues. Mrs. Yu didn't give a lot of tests, she cared more about our understanding of the topics, and wanted us to be prepared for the real world, rather than be prepared for a test. In Mrs. Yu’s class, we not only learned about history and current events, we also learned social skills, and how to debate nicely with other people.  I often found myself sad that the class had ended, because it was so nice to take a break from the boring textbook work that i had to do in my other classes

In conclusion, Mrs. Yu is such a great teacher, because she lets us voice our opinions and discuss them in class, shows us what's actually happening in the world, and prepares us for the real world. In final consideration i think Mrs. Yu should be nominated for the Educator of the year.