English Teacher of Life | Teen Ink

English Teacher of Life

By Kayla Berdan BRONZE, Lakeville, Minnesota
Kayla Berdan BRONZE, Lakeville, Minnesota

Mrs. Smieja is my 9th Grade English teacher at Lakeville South High School. She has the Spirit of a teenager, and The knowledge and wisdom of a teacher. Whether i'm asking for help or advice, she always knows a solution and just what to say. She is apart of the AVID program which is a program helping teens prepare for college, and their futures. Mrs. Smieja wants everyone to be successful in all parts of life. She has impacted my life not only as a student, but also as a person. With Mrs. Smieja's lively stories about life and expiriences, and her laid-back, yet focused learning enviornment She makes English more than just a class. Mrs. Smieja makes her students education a priority, while also gaining friendship and trust with her students. The students that are lucky enough to be a pupil in Mrs. Smieja's classroom get to expirience a lifelong lesson of knowledge and wisdom. I am a lucky student of Mrs. Smieja, and she is a Teacher that will always have an impact on my life, as well as many others.

Mrs. smieja has become more than just a teacher to me. She helped me with a tough spot in my life and listened when i needed someone to there the most. i am fortunate to have her as a teacher.