English Teacher of Life | Teen Ink

English Teacher of Life

March 21, 2009
By Kayla Berdan BRONZE, Lakeville, Minnesota
Kayla Berdan BRONZE, Lakeville, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Mrs. Smieja is my 9th Grade English teacher at Lakeville South High School. She has the Spirit of a teenager, and The knowledge and wisdom of a teacher. Whether i'm asking for help or advice, she always knows a solution and just what to say. She is apart of the AVID program which is a program helping teens prepare for college, and their futures. Mrs. Smieja wants everyone to be successful in all parts of life. She has impacted my life not only as a student, but also as a person. With Mrs. Smieja's lively stories about life and expiriences, and her laid-back, yet focused learning enviornment She makes English more than just a class. Mrs. Smieja makes her students education a priority, while also gaining friendship and trust with her students. The students that are lucky enough to be a pupil in Mrs. Smieja's classroom get to expirience a lifelong lesson of knowledge and wisdom. I am a lucky student of Mrs. Smieja, and she is a Teacher that will always have an impact on my life, as well as many others.

The author's comments:
Mrs. smieja has become more than just a teacher to me. She helped me with a tough spot in my life and listened when i needed someone to there the most. i am fortunate to have her as a teacher.