My Favorite Teacher | Teen Ink

My Favorite Teacher

By WW.KK BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
WW.KK BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Daily, for the past three years, I dreaded coming to school. Not because of the people or the teachers, but because it was school. Most teenagers don’t like school. And I hated every subject because I couldn’t focus. Everything distracted me. But my sophomore year, almost two years ago, I met a teacher that changed my outlook on school, on how to do things, and even how to handle stuff going on in my personal life. Her name? Mrs.Cull.

High School isn't really the fit for me. I get into trouble. Freshman year was the worst, but once sophomore year came around, everything changed. I met the teacher I could trust, and who would have my back in every decision. She has never givin up on me. Even though I have said mean things (that might have not been appropriate for the situation), the next day she would come and talk to me again (even though I made a fool of myself). She has never turned her back when I needed a shoulder to cry on, and she always made jokes to brighten up my day.

Going into developing relations I acted super tough, but immediately she caught on and realized that’s not who I really am. I kept the act up for a few weeks. But then she broke open my shell. From then on, have been able to connect with Mrs.Cull.

I am beyond grateful I met Mrs.Cull. I know I could never ever in a billion years replace the wonderful human being she is. Thank you for everything you have done for me, Mrs. Cull.