Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By hotdog123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
hotdog123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

The Teacher I am nominating for the Educator of the Year is Msgt. Howie. He is one of the Naval Science teachers at DMA. He is definitely the best one by far. He has many great personality traits such as: he has a great sense of humorous, he is kind and hardworking, and if you want a job done, he’s the guy you want to go to.

Msgt. Howie is definitely one of the best teachers at DMA. He gets involved in his teaching with power points, videos, music, stories, etc. He is always telling us to never give up; if you don’t answer a question on a test, he gives it back to you and says “don’t give up write something down”. He tells the best and funniest stories in class about when he was deployed in different countries. He makes the whole class laugh every time.

When it's nice outside he takes us outside to drill, and sometimes we take a walk or do a fun activity. He never comes into the classroom with a smile on his face. He’s always in a good mood, and he’s always positive. He never fails to teach us something new every day. He also gets everyone in the class involved. If you’re quiet, he’ll call on you to answer a question. He’s nice to everyone, and if he sees you in the hallways, he will always greet you.

He is also one of the most helpful people I have ever met. Whenever I ask him A question about getting awards or new school shoes/Uniform supplies, he always looks right into it the second I ask him. His lessons are so meaningful and helpful, and they are fun and interesting to learn. He always makes learning in his class fun by telling jokes that go with and make sense with the lesson, or does funny dances or asking funny questions. He is also an amazing teacher because he has made me a better person. Also his positivity makes me want to strive to do better in school. I always look forward to going to his class.

Msgt. Howie is the teacher I nominated for Educator of the Year because he is hardworking, kind, and one of the best and most positive teachers I have ever had. He will never fail to make me laugh or learn something new before I leave is class. He definitely meets and exceeds the requirements to be Educator of the Year.